Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dinner date

Dad took me to a Basik Restuarant for dinner in Chino . They have group family style dining or cute quint tables... They start you off with a soup (which was split pea last night) and a basket of chewy french bread and real butter, then a salad with vingarette dressing. Then comes a plate of spagehitti , then an appetizer plate of sliced tomatoes, cheese and thinnly sliced meat. I thought it was like prochoto, but it had a liver taste?? Dad told me, after I ate some , that it was TONGUE... ok I can say I tried it...
Then our dinner came...WOW! We had the petite cut of Rib Eye Steak with gravy, filled half the plate and a baked pototoe and green beans... We didn't have room for dessert...
I had to take 1/2 of my dinner home... HMMM, it was good.

1 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

wow what an experience. Tongue?? eww. who's tongue? Cow? goat?yikes. I'll have to be careful when eating out with Dad. I guess that it's good to try something new and different once in awhile. It's great that you guys were able to go out on a date.