Sunday, September 5, 2010

People Let Me Tell About My Best Friend

Lynne came to Texas to visit me. I got her all to myself for 3 1/2 days...we didn't stop talking from sun up til we went to bed....Had a great time.
Wes and I took her to Carpenters for lunch. Had to stop in at the chocolate and pecan nut factories. Did give her the town tour but didn't get out to the lake on Friday.
Saturday was Girl's Day. I took her to Harvies,and there were like 4 ladies from church, all whom had heard about Linda and they all got to meet her. Then we went to Pack-n-Mail (Why?? cause they have such cute things and gourmet carmel popcorn, which is one of her favorite things)Then she wanted to see my Fabric shop..yes the one I said wasn't worth nothing..Well let me tell you, it sure has grown and has some nice things... We were suppose to meet Jackie earlier but as we went into town, we drove past her house but she wasn't home..so by chance as we were getting ready to go eat we swung back by Jackie's. Both love to talk and drink wine so they hit it right off. We ended up going out to eat like at 4:30 so we will call it an early dinner at the Italian Village Restaurant.... drove to my house so Jackie could see where I live and talked and visited some more and celebrated friendships with a bottle of Wilson Creek Almond Champagne...Jackies has a new love she says...took Jackie home and talked more and saw her cows. We didn't get back home til like 8:15....
Linda didn't like my spiders or going outside at night to look at the stars (nnoooo theres critters out her Pam! LOL) but she met Brooke, blackie and Jackie's cows...She likes my porch and rocking chairs in the mornings with a cup of coffee. Now she knows I'm in a good place and life here in Texas is OK. Only a few more months til we meet again.





2 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

That sounds so fun. I'm sure Aunt Lynn had a total blast. It's great that she could visit. Only a few more months. Yay.

Lara C. said...

Now let me get Aunt Lynne's version... :) I am glad you guys had a great time and we are counting down until you come out here.