Thursday, October 30, 2008

A very busy week

Well this has been a crazy week...My principal fell last Monday and broke her hip and will be out for awhile to recoop from her hip surgery. The district sent us a retired principal, Mr. Magham, who was my first principal 20 plus yrs ago...who would have thought.....

I decided to make a little Halloween maze in the empty class room next door for my class and started putting it together the past 3 days... I had my teacher go thru it today and I laughed until I was crying at her, when she got stuck in the crawl thru tube in the dark... OK , OK,,,, so I need a little more light so I'm sure the black light will help .
We weighed our pumpkin. It was 11 1/2 lbs. Then the kids decided what kind of face they wanted and I carved it. For some of our kids you thought they were going to die when each had a turn to help pull out the pulp and seeds. Some things some kids just cant do, but I just ask they try once, then some they really got into it... After cleaning them up and the table we sent them home. Velane and I spent the hour decorating the rooms: putting up green and white spider webbing all around and over each kids desks... and setting up the tables...
I came home and made my spagehtti and chilled the gummy eyes balls... then went and got the dry ice for the cladron....I will take pictures and post them tomorrow night....

0 comments: