Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cowboy Rustler Dan

I get a phone call this morning from Danny, and all I got was go out front..so I get to the door and look out and there are 4 cows coming down the road and Danny following them in his car.. they started to turning at our gate but went on..Whew!
NO DANNY you cant bring them home or keep them! ...they shoot cattle rustlers...LOL
Actually they have been out, down the road for the last couple of days. someone will count and see they are missing 2 momma and their calf's and come herd them back.

Danny stopped along side the road coming in from work and picked me 3 bluebonnets. They are pretty when they flower..we found a few bluebonnets out back but no Indian paintbrush..they are everywhere out in the pastures down the road.
Hope its not against the law to pick Texas state flower, like they are in Calif. with the Poppy's. We might we singing, "Your in the Jail House Now" if we keep this up.

Well our yards are looking good. Wes has his new lawn mower and has been busy busy busy..if it ever stops being windy or rainy, he'll burn his big pile of limbs and stuff. The front porch swallows are back trying to build their nest but we're not letting them. I put out my hummingbird feeders cause there are some early birds flying around and seeing black and orange butterflies starting to fly around.
I have beautiful tulips blooming..Pink, orange, yellow, purple and one red.
Dad built his 3 garden frames and will fill it up with amended soil this next week...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep, it's illegal, but I've never heard of anyone being thrown in jail over bonnet picking.

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

Cattle rustling AND illegal flower picking? Such a criminal...LOL I must think of the perfect thing to say to him to rip on him.
But then again, I'm kinda jealous. I like cows and flowers.
Would LOVE to see pix of the tulips! They sound lovely.