Monday, May 9, 2011

kittens 2 weeks old.

Well its been a rough week with momma cat hurt it was swollen lump and I thought she got bit by a snake but couldnt see anything,,,she took off a couple of days then coming back.... I called a vet and they said to let them stay with the momma. But she cried when the kittens are trying to nurse and they seem hungry. So I separated them from her and am doing 5 bottle feedings(1Tablespoon of Just born milk) a day every 4 hours..thank goodness they sleep thru the night. I need to monitor their weights and make sure they eat.
Today her wound had opened up and I took her to the vet clinic to get checked...that Dr says it isnt a snake bit or a attack from another animal but its a birth absist..my options were 1) to take her home and let it will heal on its own but would take a month or two or 2)he would keep her over night, clean it out and stitch it up and give her antiboctics,,, she will heal in couple of weeks this way... I chose for him to help her and she should be home in a day or so....still keeping her and the babies apart. They are starting to climb and adventure around some.



0 comments: