Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of seasons






Well I think I have to quit with the pumpkins patch...seems even with all care, they are just blooming away..When I do get a few little ones along comes a critter and eats them...It was a nice try but there is no way I will have pumpkins for the grandsons in another month...guess we'll just have to find a pumpkin farm while Im there and let them pick their own this year...
Its Sept and have waited all summer for one of our watrermelons, just to wait some more...we have 11 out in the patch but none of them are ready. I can see the cows will love me....
The okra is still doing good and I go out almost every day to pick and wait a day or two them put them up.
Everything is so dry, even a tree out front fell over, roots and all....we need rain.
Finally got a few days of cooler weather , upper 80 but the winds havent helped with the fires around...

0 comments: