Sunday, June 7, 2009

You got Me!

Wes and I were suppose to go out to dinner with Lara and Jim Sat. night as probably everyone already know...they picked us up and off we go...Lara say I have to go pick up my pay stub at Aunt Lynn house,,,I'm thinking ok but does she really need to do this now???? We come around the corner and there are cars everywhere...and I even say must be a party and Lara say well yeah its graduation week...which is true but and I start scanning these cars...there's Velanes car,,, I should have know. and Both Lara and Jim get out of the car..Dad is saying "We all don't need to go in"...I should have suspected before this...butno one didnt say a word....
The light bulb comes on for me and as Lara is walking faster and faster in front of me I tell her...Oh you are so dead, so dead.... shes laughing...
We walk in and flash goes the camera and Lynn is yelling SURPRISE! I look in the livingroom and there its full of people ,,,,Aunt Kathryn, Larry and Denise ,,,Aunt Sally, Patti and Ed, the Riners,,,and then I saw them.. There was Lucas, Becky and my Brian, Becky mom and dad, Linda and Kent and sister Jennette...I squelled with delight and cried...
After collecting myself, there was my sister, Deb and her girls, Stephanie & Brian her boyfriends and Monica, Wes sister: Mary Jane, and her daughter Lori and family came later, Jim sister Jennifer & family, Wes's work friends, Evertte & Jeanie, Dave & Agnus and my work friends, Velane & Steven, Teresa & Tim.
(Velane your in so much trouble when I get back to work) Linda & Craig from San Diego, Wes best friends from college, Willie and Marsha & her daughter and family....Oh my Goodness...so many. Sorry if I left anyone out...Phone calls from Sheryll and Brian, Lori Lee...not to say a few e-mails I got this morning from others that couldnt make it.
They had tables decorated in red and white checks and boot center pieces and a DJ that was playing western music... There was marvolous food: BURGERS, DOGS, CHICKEN AND RIBS, SALADS, FRUIT, DESSERTS: CHERRY COBBLER and a CHOC FOUNTAIN ,,,,,it was great!
We are very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends...Thank you to everyone for coming to our retirement party and special send off to Texas.
Thank you to everyone who helped put this party together and helped.
A very special thanks to Lara and Lynne..... Love to All, Pam amd Wes

1 comments:

Lara C. said...

I am glad we pulled it off and that you guys were surprise. We love you both and will miss you like crazy! xoxo