Monday, July 20, 2009

First thunderstorm and ER visit





..Wes got up at 4:30 this morning with his itchy legs..I could see the lightning from the window..ohh maybe some rain... He came back to bed as I got up at 7 a.m...
Had my coffee out on porch, watching the crazy hummingbirds and 3 beautiful red cardinals,,,, There was a nice sweet breeze...guess we get some little rain.
After coffee, I did some tree trimming of small branches and shoots, as high as I could reach on trees along west fence line...then I decided to weed whack the grass away from the porch so I got out everything and wouldn't you know it, the clouds are building.
Hah! I've been waiting 2 days for it to rain and nothing, so I went on ahead and would stop when it really did decided to rain... Got a 3 feet strip whacked across the whole porch and raked but stopped and put things away when the thunder got closer...one thousand one,,,two, three, four, five,. Just finished with sweeping the porch and here it came..and boy did it come down...We ended up with 8/10, almost a inch of rain...it even woke Dad up. Had lunch sitting on sunporch watching the rain.
Well,,, after looking at Dads legs I told him he needs to go to a doctor.. It seems whatever these spots are, they had almost doubled in size over the weekend... He called Kaiser and they said to go to a Urgent Care or a ER..since there is no Urgent Care we took a trip into town to the Corsicana ER... I think the waiting room is smaller than my livingroom... We were in and out in less than 3 hours... Doctor said it looks more like poison oak/ivy than bug bites...and gave him 2 prescriptions . hope that does the trick... Guess we will be looking into a new health care here in town...

2 comments:

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

Wow. That looks like it itches. Hope Wes feels better!

Mitchell4 said...

yikes. Poor Dad. Get better soon. I love a good thunderstorm.