Sunday, July 26, 2009

A quiet Sunday

We decided to go look around this afternoon. We headed towards the highway and stopped in a Warehouse called Texas Style Furniture...and boy did they have some. It mostly the heavy rustic wood and some iron items...Found a couple of things but need to wait... Then we went to Gander Mountain, its like a Bass Pro Shop but alot smaller. and went over to the Outlet Mall...LOL,,, and you kids thought Topeka mall was nothing...Our has 3 stores...just wait til you come out and I'll show you...
Well it was lunch time and being a Sunday afternoon EVERYONE goes out to lunch..we ended up at a Mexican Restaurant, La Parasda...It was Ok... then went to store for few things and headed home. I made my weight watcher muffins and read the newspaper and Dad played on computer...
I feel like Little House on Prairie, "clearing the land" ..with dad not being able to get out in the yard yet because of his leg rashes..I go out every evening and started at the back fence with my big clippers and chop everything and anything down and throwing it over the fence in the pasture behind us...I do about 20 ft each evening... it's getting the Pam's special trim,,, (down to the ground and off the fence)... if it doesn't rain I might get it done by this weekend....but only to the edge of the creek...I'm not going in there.
Well dinner dishes are waiting,,Dad cooked tonight, so its my turn to clean...

2 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

Ohhh I'm drooling. Texas rustic style furniture. That sounds wonderful. Do they have a website? I guess I better not look. We don't have room or need anything. But a girl can dream.
Working on the yard sound like quite a workout.

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

I bet the moo-cows love the clippings you are throwing over