Friday, July 24, 2009

wild flowers, trip to town and 1st snake

Well this morning as we are sitting on porch with our coffee Dad eyes some color among the tall grass...Its wild flowers popping up....so I took a few pictures.
Dad and I went to town and found a hamburger place called Carpentars...they had really great burgers..they grind up their own burgers and cook them...Reminds me of the cafe next to my Pa-Pa..... then we went to Home Depo and got a few things and then decided to try a different grocery store in town, Brookshires..Its like a Albertson...
Good thing I took the flower pictures cause Mike the lawn guy showed up late this afternoon and got only half of the lawns mowed..He says it takes him about 4 hours to mow the whole thing. He'll come back tomorrow morning to finish the job. He was talking to me out on back patio and asking if I had seen any snakes and telling me that everytime he has mowed he has killed a small grasssnake or two and just then we saw something move in the grass about 2 foot away,,, It was 2 1/2 to 3 foot long grass snake.. He jumped on it several times and then tossed it farther in yard...said he'd get it with the mower. EEEEEEWWWWH!!!!
He said he has found them around the deck area everytime and he thinks they are under the deck. Told us to get some "Snake Be Gone" and throw it around the deck real good and it will chase them out and away from the house. Yeah could they please go out to the other pastures or the creek please... He said he would cut the grass really short, so I will be able to see the snakes...Oh great ..Thanks...
Wes say he'll bring the shovel up to the house so we can chopped their heads off, til he can teach me how to shoot them...
HAH!!! I dont plan on getting that close folks...





2 comments:

Daniel said...

nice. bunch of firsts this week. first trip to the er, and first snakes.

Holly Michelle Chandler said...

Is Wes serious about shooting snakes? That is awesome!